Property Violation



  • Please use this form to report a neighborhood issue or complaint covering any of the issues listed below.

  • For instances where graffiti or overcrowding are the ONLY issues you have observed please use the separate graffiti and overcrowding forms.

  • If the specific issue is not listed, please enter that under “If other, enter violation:” and provide specifics.

  • Please enter the precise address where the issue is occurring. We cannot begin a case for investigation without a precise address.

  • If you are having difficulty determining an exact address for your reported concern try using the County Mapper program available to all citizens. Type in the name of a nearby street and use the 'hand' symbol on the map that appears to pan the view to a spot near the precise location where you spotted the violation. The Mapper program will display a valid address which you can then enter on this form. Thanks for your effort!

* NOTE: Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-3705.3.8, "the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of complainants furnished in confidence with respect to an investigation of individual zoning enforcement complaints or complaints relating to the Uniform Statewide Building Code (§ 36-97 et seq.) or the Statewide Fire Prevention Code (§ 27-94 et seq.) made to a local governing body" are exempt from mandatory disclosure under FOIA.



If your complaint is such that a Property Code Enforcement case is opened, you will be able to check the progress of the case on the Prince William County website. Instructions are sent, along with your case number, to complainants who provide a valid e-mail address.


Commercial Vehicle Parking Restrictions
Home-Based Business Guidelines
Grafitti Reporting
Illegal Signs at a Home or Business  (search on "Signs")
Parking on the Grass (Section d)