How to File a Complaint

Before filing a charge, make sure the Prince William County Human Rights Commission covers your complaint.  

The PWC Human Rights Commission does not cover:  

  • Allegations of discrimination that occur outside of Prince William County. (Note: the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park are not included in the jurisdiction of Prince William County.)  

  • Allegations of discrimination that occurred more than 365 days after the alleged action. Employment complaints filed after 300 days from the alleged action will not be dual-filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

  • Investigations of discrimination concerning companies with fewer than six employees; however, mediation services are offered, if both parties agree.

File a Complaint


If you are not sure if your complaint is covered by the PWC Human Rights Commission, call 703-792-4680.

If you are unable to complete the online form, please fill out the intake questionnaire, print it, and either email it or mail it. You may also call the office at 703-792-4680, and ask that a form be sent to you.

Si no puede completar el formulario en línea, por favor llene el cuestionario inicial en español, imprímalo, y envíelo por correo electrónico o envíelo por correo.

Prince William County Human Rights Commission
15941 Donald Curtis Drive, Suite 125
Woodbridge, VA  22191

An investigator will be assigned to your case. The investigator will review the information that you have provided and will contact you with information on the best way to handle your case.